[Allegro] Antwort: Re: Nachweis im "WorldCat" / OCLC

Norbert.Kaut at stadt.mainz.de Norbert.Kaut at stadt.mainz.de
Mi Sep 30 13:16:26 CEST 2015

Hallo Herr Eversberg,

gegen eine Datenlieferung an einen Verbund hätte ich gar nichts. Nur der
Hebis-Verbund in unserer Region hat uns bisher keine Möglichkeit dazu
geboten. Der hbz-Verbund scheint da flexibler zu sein. Aber auch die sind
noch nicht ganz so weit.

Frau Elsenberger vom hbz teilte mir zuletzt mit:

"Wenn wir unser geplantes Geschäftsmodell einer überregionalen reinen
Datenpräsentation in einer hbz-Nachweisdatenbank ohne Teilnahme am
Leihverkehr umsetzen, werden wir Sie benachrichtigen.

Das hbz liefert bisher noch keine Daten des Verbundkataloges an
WorldCat, der Vertragsabschluss mit OCLC steht aber unmittelbar bevor
und danach wird in Kürze die erste Lieferung an WorldCat erfolgen."

Inzwische ist das aber wohl geschehen:

"DUBLIN, Ohio, 28 September 2015?The North Rhine-Westphalian Library
Service Centre (hbz), a library consortium in Germany's most populous
state, has signed an agreement with OCLC to add 19 million bibliographic
records from the consortium to WorldCat, making these valuable collections
more visible and accessible to scholars around the world.
Based in Cologne, hbz works as a central development and service
organization for university, college and specialized libraries, as well as
data processing centers in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. With the
addition of hbz records, the collections of all six German library
consortia regions and the German National Library will be included in
WorldCat, the world's largest online database of items held in libraries.
"By participating in WorldCat, we support our member libraries who want to
position their collections firmly in the context of the Web to achieve
greater visibility," said Dr. Silke Schomburg, Director of hbz. "The goal
is to direct the potential users who search primarily or exclusively
through the world's most popular search engines to the library holdings
and resources. This agreement to participate in WorldCat will contribute
to this."
WorldCat is a set of databases that together comprise the most
comprehensive global network of data about library collections and
services. WorldCat data is contributed, maintained and shared by libraries
around the world. It is managed and enhanced by OCLC. The data supports a
range of OCLC and partner services, driving efficiency in library
management, improving discovery of library collections and increasing the
visibility of libraries on the Web.
"WorldCat is the largest network of library information in the world,"
said Eric van Lubeek, OCLC Vice President, Managing Director, EMEA and
Asia Pacific. "We welcome the addition of these records representing the
collections of hbz libraries. With this agreement, WorldCat will include
records representing valuable collections of libraries throughout
Germany."
About hbz
The North-Rhine Westphalian Library Service Centre (hbz) (
Hochschulbibliothekszentrum des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen) is known as a
supplier for knowledge, information and innovation in librarianship and
information technology. As a regional centre for technical development and
services the hbz is a reliable partner and the principal supporter of
libraries in and beyond North-Rhine Westphalia for implementing efficient
information services.
The hbz offers a variety of products and services the most important being
the hbz-Union Catalogue, DigiBib (The Digital Library), Electronic
Inter-Library Loan (ILL), regional and national consortia management of
electronic content, German and Austrian Library Statistics, Digital Peer
Publishing (DiPP), Digitization as well as Linked Open Data and long-term
preservation services."

Viele Grüße
Norbert Kaut