Help! old version Alegro-C on Novell 3.12 with W2K client

Staring Instituut info at staringinstituut.nl
Do Nov 28 10:08:58 CET 2002

Hello Thomas Berger,

You have been of great help when we had a problem when we migrated our
workstations to Windows 2000 while running Algero on our Novell 3.12 server.
Everything works fine exept for a problem with one of our catalogs which
stores newspaperarticles (we use 6 different catalogs which store books
(library), foto's, etc.).

When one of our employees adds new records or even when the catalog is
viewed the following message is displayed:

top of screen:  "recn=9372, worng recn=-16843009, ci=-1, file#=1 rad=1884357
bottom of screen: "no records under this number OR wrong recordnumber" (<--
translated in English)

What can be the problem? The database is about 2,5 MB large and the volume
has plenty of space left for storing data.

Best regards,

Jeroen klein Gebbink

you can also reach me at: jeroenkg at montferland-media.nl