[Allegro] Structure of .ald file ?

Sylvain Machefert smachefert at gmail.com
Mi Aug 25 14:20:30 CEST 2010

Hello all (sorry for writing in english but I swear it's much better !),
one library in our network is going to join the main system and I need to
get their datas into our ILS. The librarian has sent to me all its allegro
directory (binary + katalog). The first thing I'd like is to extract ISBN
from this catalog to match them against our ILS. It seems I can find them in
the *.ald file containing my database using a regexp like \x0087 (\d*)\x00,
am I right ? Is there a better way ?

Then I'd like to be able to match records without isbn using a key like
"Title / Author / Date" for example. But with the .ald file I can't
understand how to do (some records seem to be on two lines for example, all
records don't start with same characters ...). That's why I tried to export
in iso2709, a format I know, but all datas aren't exported (ISBN for
examples aren't in the .iso file). And this file does'nt seem to be real
iso2709 file (delimiters used aren't the officiel iso2709 delimiters). To
export the datas, I started Allegro (the interface says "Allegro-Routinen
(Version 18) / Stand: 13.8.1999", it's running under dos), then selected "9
Besondere (und lokale) Einstellungen / Sonstiges", then "Datenexport nach
ISO 2709".

If someone can help me to find a better way to export my datas or extract
datas from the .ald file, it would help me a lot !

Thanks for any help.

Sylvain